It's Judie B doing the blog this month, Bev is having some time off. We had a simply mind boggling gathering on Monday. The usual suspects were in attendance and lots of mirth and silliness abounding.
We commenced show and tell after everyone grabbed a cuppa and a cake and it was truly amazing the amount of beautiful handmade things that were placed on our donations table. I estimated that approximately 1/3rd of the donated goods came from non-active members who have heard about us, and have forwarded their beautiful creations for us to distribute.
Thank you to all those crafters who have put their faith in us to distribute their hand made creations on their behalf. I will give you a break down of where these goods have been donated to, further down this post.
After show and tell we got down to labelling items, completing sewing projects, sorting through the massive donations readying them for delivery, cutting fabrics and binding and lots more.
We get a huge amount of organising done on our gathering day. Everyone contributes to the day, stepping in and helping out where needed. This group is a pure joy to be part of. Go Sunshine Linus girls!!
Here's a break down of what goods we have donated and to whom.
- 34 Boys and Girls Quilts delivered to Paterson Ward, RCH
- 12 crocheted Baby garments, including booties, bonnets and 16 swaddling quilts to Nambour Hospital Neo Natal Care
- 12 knitted crazy beanies for Teenage Oncology patients at RCH
- 10 crochet blankets to Tricare, Sunshine Coast
- 12 Blankets of Love to S.A.N.D.S. Brisbane
- 27 Pairs of PJ's, 25 toilet bags, hand knitted jumpers and beanies, knitted dolls and teddies to Salvation Army Women's Refuge
- 57 Xray Bags to Premion
- 20 Drainage Bags to Piecemakers Caboolture
- 14 children's bags and 21 carry bags to Lions Emergency Care Nambour
- 11 touchy feely quilts to special schools
- 13 situpons to Pacific Paradise State School
- 2 Tactile and Language Quilts to Taigum Preschool for the Deaf
- 1 Touchy Feely quilt to Embracia Nursing Home, Beerwah